Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stuff My Mom Says

My mom took my niece Haley to Lowe's yesterday.  I don't go to Lowe's, partly because I don't "do" home improvement stores but mainly because my friend Anna Beth works for The Home Depot (not like, in the paint department, at the headquarters in accounting) and she would murder me if I entered the "L" store.  That's not an exaggeration.  If she ever saw proof of me choosing Lowe's over Home Depot...I would sleep with one eye open.  I like her loyalty.  Fiercely loyal people are my cup of tea.

Anyhow, my mom was buying flowers at that store, and she had Haley-bug with her.  I called to see how her day was going and she proceeded to describe Haley's outfit and tell me how adorable she looked.  I asked her to send me a photo of her in the buggy (in the south we say "buggy" not cart) when she could.  I started to tell her goodbye, so she could take a photo and send it, and she told me to hold on.  I could hear her fumbling around and then, exasperated, she proceeded to ask her grandchild (the baby who can't make sentences yet) what she did with her cell phone.  "Where is it, Haley?  What did grandma do with her phone?"  

I almost ran off the road laughing when I said, "You're talking on it, mama."  Her response, "Ooooooooh.  I guess I am."

3 comments:

AB said...

I appreciate your fiercely loyal friendship. Linda is now on my "list"...and I ain't talkin' bout my Christmas List...

Carey Anne said...

Tell Linda that the Home Depot is where the cool people shop! LOL!

AB said...

CA - if there were a "like" button for your comment...I totally would've hit it.