Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Fashion - My Top 5

This weekend, I had the distinct pleasure of being a judge.  A pageant judge.  (You, with the face - hush.  This is Georgia.  We love hot rollers, sequins and pageants.)  It wasn't one of those scary Toddlers & Tiaras kind of pageants, although I have judged those and I must say - that show does the experience justice.  The mamas are crazy.  And, the kids don't know any better because their mamas are crazy.

Anyhow, after my judging stint this weekend, I was keyed up and ready for the red carpet walks during the Academy Awards.  Here are my Top 5 (and remember that I'm an expert judge here) favorite Oscar gowns/looks:
#5. Octavia Spencer
 #4. Michelle Williams
#3.  Gwyneth Paltrow
 #2. Cameron Diaz
 #1. (also known as the one I'd give the tiara to) Emma Stone
Apparently I'm having both a red and neutral "moment" (as celeb stylist Rachel Zoe would say) because these ladies were in a league of their own as far as I'm concerned.  If I had a fancy gala to attend soon, I would sell my house for Emma Stone's Giambattista Valli gown.  (Ok, I wouldn't, but I would search all over the internet for a copy cat version.)  I would probably also ask her to be my date, as she is my newest celebrity girl crush (replaced Anne Hathaway who replaced Reese Witherspoon), but I digress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, No ...the bow overpowers her

Mandi said...

Anon-
Oh no you didn't. That bow is fabulous. Period.

Mandi said...

Anon-
Oh no you didn't. That bow is fabulous. Period.